New Student Orientation (NSO)
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION (NSO)
Please contact the Detachment for details, eligability, registration, and dates.We offer a voluntary New Student Orientation for our new cadets and their guests.
Address: 211 Pasquerilla Center
Univeristy of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN
Phone: (574) 631-6634
BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU:
- State certified birth certificate with raised seal or proof of US citizenship if born abroad (certified English translation).
- Social Security Card
- Selective Service Card (males only) Click here to Register
- Official ACT / SAT Scores
- Transcripts from any post high school technical or colleges attended should be mailed to the Detachment
- JROTC certificate of completion and Letter from JROTC Commander (if applicable)
- Name and address of any law enforcement offices that issued you a ticket or fined you, and also the dates of the incident(s)
- Civil Air Patrol Award (Billy Mitchell Award, Amelia Earhart Award, Carl Spaatz Award - if applicable)
- Boy Scouts Eagle Scout or Girl Scout Cadet Senior Scout with Gold Palm Award paperwork (if applicable)
- Khaki Shorts and or Pants (2 pair; must comply with Polo & Khaki regulations in the NSO Knowledge Packet)
- Running Shoes (1 pair required / 2 Recommended)
- White/Black ankle socks (8 pair)
- Undergarments (6 sets)
- Brown or Black belt (1, in accordance with the NSO cadet handbook)
- Blue/black pens (4) and standard size notebook
- Printed copy of the NSO Knowledge Packet
- Toiletries (Shampoo, soap, shaving cream, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- White bath towel and washcloth
- One pair of Appropriate Civilian Attire
- Navy Blue Workout Shorts (2 pair)
- Other (i.e. Private Pilots License, DD Form 214, etc.), if applicable
AFROTC FORM 28 - PRE-PARTICIPATORY SPORTS PHYSICAL FORM SIGNED BY YOUR PHYSICIAN
This form must be filled out and SIGNED by a qualified physician prior to participating in any physical activities within our program. Ensure your name is clearly written in Block 1 at the top of the page. The AFROTC Detachment (Block 2) is Det 225.
AFROTC Form 28 Physical
New Cadet Uniform Sizing Record (COMPLETED BY CADET)
You will be issued the standard Blues Uniform, the Service Dress Uniform, and the Physical Training Uniform upon completion of the DoDMERB exam.
If you are unsure of what sizes you currently wear, a local tailor or seamstress may be able to assist in the measurement process.
Biography and Privacy Act Waiver (COMPLETED BY CADET)
The Biography and Privacy Act Waiver must be filled out for participation in AFROTC.
*Some of these forms will require you to have the IBM Lotus Viewer downloaded to your computer.