2018 New Cadet Orientation Program (NCOP)
NEW CADET ORIENTATION PROGRAM (NCOP)
Phone: (574) 631-6634 If you are interested in joining AFROTC in Fall 2018, the Flyin’ Irish are hosting a New Cadet Orientation Program (NCOP) from 12-16 August 2018. NCOP will introduce you to what it is like to be an Air Force cadet, teach you the basics of military life, and inform you of the vast opportunities open to you as you work to become an Officer in the World’s Greatest Air Force. You will learn and practice military customs and courtesies, marching and drill, participate in group leadership scenarios, and PT (physical training). This week will also help you transition from being a High School student to a college student and provide tips and advice from upperclassman on managing the demands of academics, ROTC, and the host of other extracurricular activities the schools offer. NCOP is an incredible opportunity to meet other new cadets and get a head start into your first semester in ROTC. Finally, you get to move into your dorm room on 16 Aug, a day early! Please check the links below for more information and registration materials. If you have any questions at all, please contact the Detachment staff at:
Address: 211 Pasquerilla CenterEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Univeristy of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN
The following documents contain important information for all individuals planning to attend NCOP including packing lists, cost, schedules, materials to know upon arrival, etc. Please review the material carefully and contact us if you have any questions at all.
Upon arrival to NCOP a copy of the NCOP Handbook 2018 will be provided to all future Cadets.
The section below contains all of the forms and materials required to attend NCOP and enroll in AFROTC. Even if you are not able to attend NCOP, but you plan to be a cadet in the Fall, please go ahead and complete and return the forms in the “Forms to Fill Out and Return Now” section and bring the items in the “Forms and Paperwork to Bring with you to NCOP” with you to class on 21 Aug. All forms are able to be filled out digitally, there is no need to print and scan the forms.
Forms to Fill out Now and Return
(Send forms to email@example.com)
AFROTC FORM 28 - PRE-PARTICIPATORY SPORTS PHYSICAL FORM SIGNED BY YOUR PHYSICIAN (Fill out Now and Return)
This form must be filled out and SIGNED by a qualified physician prior to participating in any physical activities within our program. Ensure your name is clearly written in Block 1 at the top of the page. The AFROTC Detachment (Block 2) is Det 225.
***This form is NOT required for scholarship cadets with a certified/complete DoDMERB physical. If you are still working remedials and/or your DoDMERB physical has not been certified, you will need to provide the Form 28 when you arrive. If you are unsure of the status of your physical, you can contact DoDMERB or the Detachment.
New Cadet Uniform Sizing Record (COMPLETED BY CADET - Fill out Now and Return)
You will be issued the standard Blues Uniform, the Service Dress Uniform, and the Physical Training Uniform upon completion of the DoDMERB exam.
The sizing record is our starting point; you will try on the uniforms for final fitting at NCOP.
Forms and Paperwork to Bring with you to NCOP
Please bring the forms and paperwork below with you to NCOP. Please place them in the order they are listed on the NCOP forms checklist. Place all of the items in a standard letter/legal manila envelope with the cadets last name, first name printed in the upper right hand corner.
- Check for $90 made out to the “University of Notre Dame” to covers all meals, 4 nights of lodging, and other expenses
- An original birth certificate; we cannot use a copy of the certificate. This will be returned to parents during the Welcome Briefing.
- An original Naturalization Certificate if applicable; we cannot use a copy of the certificate. This will be returned to parents during the Welcome Briefing.
- The original Social Security card; we cannot use a copy of the certificate. This will be returned to parents during the Welcome Briefing.
- High School Transcript With SAT/ACT Scores Included. We need an official copy with the raised seal—this will not be returned.
- Males only- Copy of your Selective Service card if you are over 18 years old on 12 Aug 2018. Selective Service Registration
- Copies of the following – these will not be returned
- JROTC certificate of completion and Letter from JROTC Commander
- Civil Air Patrol Award (Billy Mitchell Award, Amelia Earhart Award, Carl Spaatz Award - if applicable)
- Boy Scout Eagle Scout Award paperwork
- Girl Scout Cadet Senior Scout with Gold Palm Award paperwork
- Shot/Immunization Records
- Direct Deposit (Scholarship cadets only)
Forms to review Prior to Attending NCOP
NCOP Dorm Move-In Times
All NCOP cadets will be allowed to move into their permanent college dorms on after NCOP graduation. Times are:
Bethel - After 5PM
Holy Cross - TBD
IUSB - TBD
Notre Dame - 1-2PM
Trine - Before 5PM
St Mary's - TBD
Valparaiso - 6-10PM
Updates and Changes
30 July - Updated Trine and Bethel move-in times
18 Jun - Clarified uniform sizing guide and sizing record
11 Jun - Updated dorm move-in times for ND and Valpo
8 Jun - Clarified Form 28 requirements for HSSP scholarship cadets and updated the 2018 NCOP Forms Checklist to match
8 Jun - Updated Family Biography Form to include your college e-mail address and student ID number if they have been assigned